THE NAME THAT BASTARD FINALISTS

The Name That Bastard finalists have been chosen.

Please take a look, choose your favourite, and let me
know who it is.

Click here.

(You'll be able to see the bastard immortalised in print in my new book A Girl Like You, out December 2010.)

Kenny

Kenny is the name and bastard is the game.

Ok, so this guy lived in my building. I loved him from afar. After a year of ooing and ahhhing I met a woman in my building who knew him. She proceeded to tell me that he had been in a terrible accident and was in an induced coma.

He gets out of the hospital weeks later and comes down to the pool where I am sitting with this woman and we are introduced. He is not fully recovered. Weeks go by and we bump into one another in the lobby of the building. We get to talking and take the elevator up. We talk forever…his voice made me want to kill myself. He sounded like a 76 year old woman. NO JOKE.

Anyway we wind up dating (because really why let a voice turn you off there are so many more fun things about him that could do it for me).

I nursed him, stayed in on weekends because he did not want to be in crowded bars, we would go out but we would go to dinner then back home to watch movies or play scrabble. As soon as he was and good to go he dropped me faster than a light switch.

He would of course call periodically but in the end he was just a douche.