THE NAME THAT BASTARD FINALISTS

The Name That Bastard finalists have been chosen.

Please take a look, choose your favourite, and let me
know who it is.

Click here.

(You'll be able to see the bastard immortalised in print in my new book A Girl Like You, out December 2010.)

Dave

wasn't going to submit but the temptation was far too great..
Where the hell do I start? We met in year 11 of school and were both 15, at the time he was seeing my best friend which was great because she'd never been happier. Unfortunately, as school relationships go, it only lasted a few months and he left her heartbroken.
A couple of months had passed and since exams were over nobody saw one another; until one day I saw Dave in town with another girl. Since I didn't know him particularly well I just smiled and let him pass.
Within a week, he'd got my number and had been texting me non-stop with beautiful serenading messages (despite the fact he had a girlfriend).. I was most definitely interested and my friends approved, since we all got along. Harmless flirting continued for what seemed like ever, but it was only a few years. After his girlfriend had split with him, he was completely aware of the fact I had fallen for him and used it against me at every opportunity; I was young, foolish and followed his every word.
I went through all the stages of romance with Dave, and he could get me to do anything he wanted. Several girlfriends later and he had gained a bit of a reputation, but even that didn't stop me.. He'd tell me he loved me and he only ever wanted me, then before I knew it he'd be with someone else. I gave him everything he wanted (everything) as I wouldn't dare reject a suggestion from him.
Eventually, we were both 20 and after on and off relationships with others we decided to become official. It was the talk of the town and it was the best few weeks of my life going out with him. We'd see each other everyday, meet up all the time and he'd always flatter me with heartfelt compliments.
It suddenly all came crashing back down to earth. I had no premonitions, nothing like that - everything was far too perfect for anything to go wrong. At a point-to-point racing meet, we'd gone with our other friends in a group and had the perfect day. Everyone went back to my best friends as it was open house and me being me decided to stock up on drinks for us before meeting everyone else there. When I arrived I asked where Dave was and nobody seemed to know..
I searched high and low to find him, rang him, text him - yet there was no reply or indication as to where he was. After getting very panicked within the following few hours, I decided to go back to the point-to-point course to make sure he'd got home. I arrived only to find him in his car with my 'best friend' having sex. I approached him the next day and told him it was over. He cried right in front of me, and asked why. At that point I exploded with rage and told him 'PISS OFF BACK TO (my 'best friends') CAR AND HAVE FUN'.
He tried getting back with me but I was having none of it.
I wasted so many years of my life on him. Total BASTARDOCOCKMONKEY.