THE NAME THAT BASTARD FINALISTS

The Name That Bastard finalists have been chosen.

Please take a look, choose your favourite, and let me
know who it is.

Click here.

(You'll be able to see the bastard immortalised in print in my new book A Girl Like You, out December 2010.)

Fabio (yes, Fabio)

Fabio (do I need to say more?!) Italian and raised by his grandparents (yes alarm bells should be ringing!).

We met when I was in Australia on a year working holiday visa (I ended up doing this after being dumped by another bastardo Ian but that's another story).

Nothing happened (except very sweet hand holding in secret) until after I finished the project and had confided in him the reasons why I was in Australia and that I wanted a break from men (my own dating sabbatical).

He was so charming and such a gentleman, we went away for a week and had an awesome time together and he told me how he wanted to be with me but his grandmother didn't like the idea of me (english and non catholic) and didn't want to meet me.

Eventually I met her, I was better than she imagined but still clearly not good enough for her darling Fabio, he even told me that (which was lovely to hear!).

Anyway, time passed we talked about getting married etc. He'd said his family were against us but he'd made his choice and was sticking to it and he couldn't imagine being without me, I was his soul mate, his drive to achieve more, how I'd be such a good mother blah, blah, blah.

And then came the email............

He can't deal with my past (the fact that he's not the first man), he's too young and isn't ready to settle down yet (it was him that instigated most of those talks!), I'm not catholic or Italian, it would never work, we have nothing in common and basically that there is nothing to our relationship.

Cockmonkeybastardo!! And he still has my nintendo ds!